Let’s face it:
Parenting is not easy. It involves your life changing from revolving around you and your inner circle to now revolving around your baby. It’s a miracle in itself that you have taken part in the making of a beautiful baby that for better or worse has your DNA, chemistry and a tinge of your personality. Having a child is a wonderful thing, but it also comes with you now becoming a ‘slave’, at least for the first few years of your child's life to ensure that this new life has not just the basic necessities in life to survive and thrive, but also your time, energy and most importantly your love.
So how do you handle this when you have to go back to work, and have to care for your numerous responsibilities outside of your child's life?
Here are some suggestions to make life a little less crazy!
- Have a plan, to-do list - on a daily basis so that you can get done (so you hope) the most important tasks for the day. Prioritize it, then cross it off as you get it done and you’ll feel great!
- Get the kids to bed early so that you can have a little extra time for yourself to unwind, catch up on work, your business or extra sleep that you are likely very deprived of. This will take a little creativity on your part, and you could rightfully add Master of Improvisation to your resume…
- If you’re a morning person (good for you if you are!), then wake up a few hours before the kids do and use this time to catch up on work, exercise or whatever needs to get done.
- Ask for help! Don’t be shy. Whether its for babysitting, to help pick up the kids from daycare or to make dinner, or even assist you at work, you have nothing to lose if you ask for help.
- Schedule a date night. Find your favourite babysitting or call the grandparents to stay over Friday night, and schedule time for a date night which will help you reconnect with your spouse. A new baby will bring tension in a relationship, so having a one-on-one with your spouse will help bring you guys back together to when the world revolved around you two (..just kidding…)
- Prepare as much as you can before an event. For example, if you’re going on vacation - be sure to make a list of everything you need for you, spouse, kids, etc., and get as much packed as possible a few days before the event so that you’re not too stressed and lose the joy of cherishing the special moments with your kids. Of course, ask for help along the way!!
- Schedule in some time for yourself each day - whether it’s to have your favourite latte, or enjoy your favourite book or tv show or to just paint your nails - be sure to make some time for you so that you don’t lose yourself and identity along the way.
- Write down 3 things that you’re grateful for at the end of each day. This will help you find inner happiness and contentment. Life is not so crazy after all!!
- Use our all-in-1 body & bum spray for quick diaper changes - just shake & spray on a clean baby bum. Use it to massage baby after bath time, or to soothe skin from irritations that flare up from time to time. It’s convenient, hygienic and all natural. Cruelty-free & vegan. Buy 2 or more (i.e., keep one in your diaper bag at all times and the other one by your nursery) and shipping is Free across Canada when you order online.
Despite your life being extra busy, don’t forget to stop and smell your cuddly cute baby / kids. Enjoy life and all the blessings that come with it! Time will fly by and before you know it you'll be walking your babies down the aisle and wishing they were little in your arms again.